[IPython-dev] How do I change kernel in Jupyter Notebook w/o working directory changes

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 14:15:01 EDT 2015

Hi Ruslan,

I see you're sshing to the remote machine to start the kernel. The working
directory depends on where you start the kernel, so it's your home
directory because that's where you start in when you ssh in. If the
directories on your remote machine match local directories, you can get the
working directory on the local machine using 'pwd' inside remote_kernel.sh,
and when you ssh to the remote machine, cd to the location you want before
starting the kernel.

Hope that helps,
Thomas