[IPython-dev] Notebook link checker (URLs and images)

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 02:06:55 EDT 2014

Hi folks,

we'll eventually want to move this into ipython/nbconvert, esp. so we can
use it to validate our notebooks-as-docs for broken links and images...

But I needed it *today* to package a talk, and with help from Brian we put
together a quick and dirty link checker:

https://gist.github.com/fperez/c591cab03c66780b18d5

It's very, very rough, but it does what I need for now, and we can use it
as a starting point for a more robust tool in IPython proper.  Since others
may have similar needs, feel free to just grab the script (100%
self-contained, only external deps are requests and Beautiful Soup) and
modify it to your needs.

Cheers