[IPython-dev] Current status of sharing/publishing widgets?

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 20:14:25 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I've recently been spending some time creating a widget that I'd ideally
like to publish along with a paper submission to the arxiv.  This would
hopefully just be a link that readers could click on that would take them
to a page where they can explore the widget without having to run the code
or have all the data necessary to generate the widget from script.

I know that there were plans to get something like this working for IPython
3.0.

What is the current status?  Is it possible to share widgets on e.g.
nbviewer? Failing that, what are the current best practices for sharing
widgets?

-Nathan