[IPython-dev] Widget example that uses classes instead of globals?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 15:22:24 EDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 8:19 PM, Nicholas Bollweg <nick.bollweg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> @adam: Sorry it took me a while to respond. Here is an updated version of
> the fake GUI, implemented as a series of classes: a standalone graph, a
> couple reusable control components and the full-blown end user GUI. I tried
> to put a few examples of different techniques in that we have used: link,
> on_trait_changed, CSS, Bootstrap. I didn't do any custom Backbone, as that
> is a whole other kettle of fish.
>
> <http://goog_798561651>
>>
>> http://nbviewer.ipython.org/gist/bollwyvl/ddd4bf5d7c879012fa2c

Wonderful example, thanks Nicholas!

I've made a minimally modified version here:

https://gist.github.com/fperez/c65b06b260bde5663dbf

just to illustrate how to actually plot data in the 'plot area' with
matplotlib.

I may use this in a talk I'm giving tomorrow, if so I'll do so with full
credit to you.

Thanks for sharing!