[IPython-dev] Node in cluster know its rank, or cluster size?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 17:38:50 EDT 2014

Doug,

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Doug Blank <doug.blank at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks! short, sweet, and answers my question!

You may also want to have a quick look at the first cells in this notebook:

http://nbviewer.ipython.org/github/ipython/ipython/blob/2.x/examples/Parallel%20Computing/Monitoring%20an%20MPI%20Simulation%20-%201.ipynb

that show you how to write a little utility (mpi_order) that can be used to
get a sequence in MPI-rank order after you've gathered it from your IPython
nodes. Very useful for domain decomposition problems where you want to
reconstruct in the client a data strucutre that's spatially distributed
over the MPI nodes.  See how it's used further down in that same notebook.