[IPython-dev] nbconverter exports display latex code instead of math formulas

Raniere Silva ra092767 at ime.unicamp.br
Tue Sep 9 15:16:20 EDT 2014

Hi David,

> Hi I'm beginning to use iPython Notebook on Chrome in a mac os X 10.9.
> everything displays normally in the notebook, but when I export it with
> nbconvert instead of diplaying the math text written in latex it shows the
> latex code.

IPython Notebook uses MathJax to properly render LaTeX (it this was good or not
is another discussion). When you use nbconvert it will export only the LaTeX
formula hoping that you use MathJax (or other solution) to properly render
LaTeX. If you are exporting it to HTML should be easy solve this problem. If you
are exporting to another format it can be a little more difficult.

Hope this helps.

Raniere