[IPython-dev] Visual representation of SQL extracted data

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Tue May 27 20:28:11 EDT 2014

On 28/05/14 02:41, Alistair Miles wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> I'm sure you've found this out already, but both pandas [1] and petl [2]
> implement _repr_html_() such that table-like objects automagically get
> formatted as HTML tables in the IPython notebook, e.g.:
>
> http://nbviewer.ipython.org/gist/alimanfoo/926868c73e18ca7f77b4/tables.ipynb
>
> Cheers,
> Alistair
>
> [1] http://pandas.pydata.org/
> [2] http://petl.readthedocs.org/
> --
> Alistair Miles
> Head of Epidemiological Informatics
> Centre for Genomics and Global Health <http://cggh.org>
> The Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics
> Roosevelt Drive
> Oxford
> OX3 7BN
> United Kingdom
> Web: http://purl.org/net/aliman
> Email: alimanfoo at gmail.com <mailto:alimanfoo at gmail.com>
> Tel: +44 (0)1865 287721 ***new number***

Hi Alistar,

Thanks for the links. Yes I am currently reading up on pandas but to
date no one has mentioned petl.

I have looked at the documentation for petl and the package looks
interesting. I like your video tutorial.

I also like your sample notebook showing how output from pandas and petl
are automatically formatted when called in iPython. This is
useful to know.

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides