[IPython-dev] Embedded Videos in Slideshows

Damon Allen damontallen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 17:56:18 EDT 2014

Hi,

Does running a slideshow force embedded YouTube videos to play in flash
instead of HTML5?  I've found that in while running Firefox in Ubuntu I
cannot play YouTube videos in a slideshow.  I can watch the video in
Firefox if it isn't in a slideshow and if I the slideshow runs in Chrome
everything works.

This isn't a big deal since most of my students are running Windows and
they will be able to use up-to-date versions of the flashplayer, but I am
curious if there could be a fix to either reveal or nbconvert that would
correct this.

As it stands, I need to switch my development from using Firefox to Chrome.

I'm still using IPython 1.2.1.

Thanks,

Damon