[IPython-dev] kernel wrapper example

Ralf Hemmecke hemmecke at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 19:12:37 EDT 2014

> Did you customise the bash prompt at all?

Oh, yes. That's the first thing I do in my .bashrc.

> It looks like it's failing to find the prompt when it starts bash.

I can confirm that after removing my .bashrc everything seems to work.

Thanks. That brings me quite a big step forward.

As an example, your bash_kernel is OK, but that someone customizes
his/her PS1 should be expected. Either you should clearly document the
prerequisite of a certain prompt or tell the user that he/she should
customize bash_kernel.py to the respective prompt.

OK, OK, I know that everything is way too fresh to be already perfect.

Anyway, I'd like to thank you. Now having a working example just half a
day after my question is more than I expected.

Ralf