[IPython-dev] How to display really long strings?

Anders Schneiderman ASchneiderman at asha.org
Tue Jul 15 11:18:48 EDT 2014

I need to do a series of transformations to a column in a pandas data frame that contains very long strings. When I try to display the column via head, etc, IPython Notebook truncates it - a totally understandable approach for most long strings, but it means I can't see whether the transformations were done properly. Any thoughts about a one-off workaround? I took a look at the documentation but couldn't figure out how to do it.

Thanks!
Anders Schneiderman
Database Services Manager  |  ASHA   |   (301) 296-8651