[IPython-dev] website

Nicholas Bollweg nick.bollweg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 12:46:53 EDT 2014

Sounds great!

I'm not a core developer or anything, but have been lurking for a while as
well.

While I wouldn't see any kind of unification of these styles, as the needs
of the "applications" are likely different from the needs of the
marketing/documentation website, it might be good to make sure that we're
kind of in the right neighborhood in terms of what tools are used across
all of the ipython-branded websites.

As you may have observed, a lot of the work on the "other websites"
(nbviewer and the notebook) uses Bootstrap, FontAwesome and related tools,
such as LESS and bower. It seems like there would be a natural win here for
these to also be used for the generated .org site. To that end, it might be
worth investigating sphinx-bootstrap-theme
<https://github.com/ryan-roemer/sphinx-bootstrap-theme> as a starting point
for what might be possible.

Good luck, I'm looking forward to what you come up with!