[IPython-dev] Trouble installing latest IPython 2.0 on Mac

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 14:01:50 EST 2014

So much hate for setuptools right now.  I can't believe `--no-deps` skips
dependency installation, but still adds a redundant check to entry points.

Yes, right now on Anaconda, you will need to *not* use setuptools to
install IPython dev. setup.py symlink is the best way to go, I think. Don't
worry, this won't be the case by the time we release 2.0.

-MinRK