[IPython-dev] Default values for widgets

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 17:20:32 EST 2014

Thinking a bit more...

Right now, we look at the following places for widget abbreviations:

1. kwargs to interact
2. annotations
3. defaults to individual keyword args in the def of the function.

I think it is a bit dangerous to do 3. It would probably be a better
solution to use 3 for setting the initial value of the widget.
Otherwise, I think we are making defaults for functions do too many
things. Stefan, want to open an issue on this? If others like it, you
could even to a PR ;-) It shouldn't be too difficult.

Cheers,

Brian