[IPython-dev] What causes the kernel to stay busy?

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 14:03:43 EST 2014

Message: 3
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 11:40:58 -1000
From: Eric Firing <efiring at hawaii.edu>
Subject: Re: [IPython-dev] What causes the kernel to stay busy?
To: cappy2112 at gmail.com, ipython-dev at scipy.org

>>If you enter the same statements at a raw Python terminal prompt,
I didn't enter them into the interpreter manually, I've just created a
script
an ran it. There are too many lines and too much indenting to enter into
the normal Python interpreter, without making a mistake.

I did paste the script contents into the non-notebook iPython interpreter.
It ran just fine.

>>it remain responsive?  And if so, what about if you do it in a plain
>>IPython console?  (Is the problem notebook-specific?)

It appears that it may be notebook-specific