[IPython-dev] Latex highlighting for markdown cells?

Zoltán Vörös zvoros at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 13:38:25 EDT 2014

Hi Matthias,

I have recently been wondering myself about this. What I wanted to do is
insert the closing \end{environment} tags in the markdown cell, and
insert e.g., \frac{}{} and move the cursor back to the first curly
bracket, if the user types \fra, but syntax highlighting would also be
useful. Could you point me to some sort of documentation as to how one
starts out writing a plugin for this? I would be willing to work on this.

Cheers,
Zoltán