[IPython-dev] Introducing IPython Turtle

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 19:49:49 EDT 2014

Awesome! I have been waiting for someone to do this for a long time.
Some comments:

* Usually Python packages and modules are named with lowercase, so it
would usually be "newturtle" rather than "NewTurtle"
* Can you say more about why the entire IPython project is inside your
repo? I would think that the turtle module could just be a completely
separate github repo and package that someone could say:

pip install newturtle

Can you talk more about that?

* How are you doing the display in the notebook? Does this use IPython widgets?

Cheers,

Brian