[IPython-dev] Introducing IPython Turtle

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 21:19:22 EDT 2014

Thanks to PACAttack and Aspidites for implementing notebook turtle
interfaces - I've tested both versions, and they work very nicely (though
PACattack, your examples use 'rotate' when your turtle has 'right' and
'left' methods).

We'd love to see one of these projects - or a merger of the best bits of
both - become a package that people can easily install and use. The next
step towards that would be separating your code out from the IPython source
code: forking and modifying IPython might be an easy way to get started,
but users will expect to install it separately and use it from a regular
IPython environment. We've been asked several times about turtles in the
notebook, so there are definitely people interested in using something like
this. Get in touch if you're interested, we can help you take it forwards.

Best wishes,
Thomas