[IPython-dev] ipython bash interaction?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 21:11:59 EDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Zoltán Vörös <zvoros at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, then that is the problem. I defined a menu item in the desktop
> manager, so I just click on a button on my task bar.

You'll see the same problem for anything else you start via GUI
methods that needs things defined in your .bashrc.  That's why I
always start emacs and lyx from a terminal and not via the GUI, b/c I
have env. vars defined in my bashrc that I need.

I think it's possible to declare those in another one of the bash
startup files that does get read by the GUI systems, but I've never
bothered to look which one it should be. If you spend the time to make
it work that way, let us know!