[IPython-dev] [IPython-User] New Data Science Initiative, aka where has Fernando been hiding for the last year?

Matthias BUSSONNIER bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 03:44:28 EST 2013

Le 14 nov. 2013 à 22:41, Brian Granger a écrit :

> David,
>>
>> Just wanted to let you know that IPython is much appreciated in the VFX
>> community of New York, of which I am a part. So when you see some of the
>> commercials on TV, during the Super Bowl or otherwise, IPython may very well
>> be playing a role in there.
>>
>> This current effort is a very encouraging development for the potential to
>> contribute back to open source. It would be great to have a legitimate means
>> to bring some of the lessons and strategies of production VFX work to other
>> areas.
>
> Thanks for sharing about how the VFX community is using IPython! It is
> fantastic to find out about usage cases like this that are further
> away from scientific computing.

Agree this is great, speaking of VFX, has anyone news about integration of IPython and Blender ?
I remember an old thread about that somewhere.

David,

Could you enlighten us a little on how you use IPython in VFX ?
(would love to see a before/after IPython picture overlay :-D )

This make me think that it could be a good idea to gather testimony (correct term?) of
how people use IPython on the website. What do others think ?

--
Matthias

Note, re-including ipyton-dev list.