[IPython-dev] question about tree

Paul Ivanov pi at berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 5 20:22:06 EST 2013

Fernando Perez, on 2013-11-05 16:48,  wrote:
> But note that what Zoltan is referring to is files coming from different
> directories, but identically named (easy to get with our UntitledX naming
> scheme). We don't disambiguate those in the UI.

It's not that we don't disambiguate them in the UI, it's that we
only allow for one of those files to exist.

When you upload any number of files, even from the same directory
(because the dashboard doesn't keep track of where those files
are coming from), if you give them identical names, you just keep
overwriting the same file that corresponds to wherever the
dashboard view is pointing to.

That's because we allow users to upload to a specific directory:
whichever directory is currently active and open in the dashboard
view. The rest of Fernando's message is spot on, though.

--
                   _
                  / \