[IPython-dev] Announcing BrowserCast: a Notebook-based presentation tool

David Wolever david at wolever.net
Wed May 22 17:25:27 EDT 2013

Hey all,
I've been working on an Notebook plugin which allows notebooks to be set to audio, creating a screencast-style presentation in the browser.

I've got a couple old-school screencasts which show it off:
- Why is BrowserCast cool? http://youtu.be/OAIyHgbi5rM
- Creating a presentation with BrowserCast: http://youtu.be/UhHRuPPFWtE

And you can try it for yourself with one bookmarklet:
- http://wolever.github.io/browsercast/

And check out the source on GitHub:
- https://github.com/wolever/browsercast

I'm also planning on turning this into a proper IPython extension… But I don't know exactly how to create a zip file that will make `%install_ext` happy, or how I can use the Notebook's HTTP server to serve the static files. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it: https://github.com/wolever/browsercast/issues/2

As always, feedback is very much appreciated.

David

--
phone: (416) 906-0403
pgp: B230230D