[IPython-dev] IPython "lab meetings" on g+ hangouts on air

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon May 20 17:04:09 EDT 2013

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Aaron Meurer <asmeurer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone have any good suggestions on a tool for collaborative
>> note-taking, so that we can leave some public summary/record of these
>> meetings with minimal fuss?
>>
>> A google doc is a bit of a hassle for this, I think, esp. since we
>> want something to produce plaintext.
>
> Just curious, why does it have to be plain text? I've found Google
> Docs features like tables and highlighting are quite useful in
> sometimes.

I just want to keep it very simple for completely public editing and
immediate pasting either into a wiki page with logs or a mailing list
post.  I love and use Google Docs extensively, but for
plaintext/markdown it's kind of a miserable experience.

> Maybe you could find a collaborative editing tool that uses Markdown.
> Then you could just post the result on the wiki.

It seems like either hackpad or prose.io, suggested by Massimo and
Carl, could do the trick.

We'll see, for now we can just start without anything, but if anyone
wants to jump in and keep a summary with minimal effort, that person
can lead the choice of tool as well :)