[IPython-dev] what goes wrong with %%file

Greg Wilson gvwilson at third-bit.com
Mon May 13 11:21:57 EDT 2013

On 2013-05-13 11:09 AM, Carl Smith wrote:
> I always think of pushing data from memory to storage as flushing it.
> I don't remember where I picked that term up from, but I guess it's
> less commonplace than I thought.
It's a common term among programmers (partly, I think, because 'fflush'
has been part of the C standard library for more than 40 years), but
it's not one that most non-programmers would recognize. That's why I'd
like to try a lightweight name recognition/expectation check on users
before finalizing new names...
Thx,