[IPython-dev] submodules over https

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Thu May 2 13:28:51 EDT 2013

A permanent fork doesn't have a strong case, because it's a one-commit
change for a permanent never-changing update to the URL.  Mirroring is a
better case, since it shouldn't actually affect the repo.  But it seems
pretty terrible that under normal circumstances, no clone of any IPython
repo other than the official one or a proper careful mirror will actually
be functional.