[IPython-dev] A good CSS snippet for better talk-style notebooks?

Damián Avila damianavila at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 21:14:39 EDT 2013

El 03/06/13 21:53, Fernando Perez escribió:
> Yes, to the list! I'm sure  I am not the only CSS/design-challenged
> one who'd like to benefit from the talents of others.

> On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Aaron Meurer <asmeurer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 7:45 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> I've already given a bunch of talks with the notebook, but always
>>> using just the defaults and at most zooming in for readability.
>>>
>>> Does any of you have a little snippet of CSS you like that styles a
>>> notebook a little better for a presentation (fonts, sizes, maybe even
>>> color, etc).  If you have a favorte, send it my way!
>> And by my way, I hope you mean to this list.  I too would like to see
>> such things, since we plan to use IPython notebooks for at least part
>> of our SciPy SymPy tutorial.
>>
>> Aaron Meurer
>>
>>> Thanks in advance!

>>> --
>>> Fernando Perez (@fperez_org; http://fperez.org)

A little and a simple modification but I like the final result:
http://goo.gl/UDHHH
Just use:

font-size: 150%;
font-family: Courier New;
}</style>

Maybe with a different background color you can get a better one, but I
like the white ;-)

But if you don't need interactivity, reveal option in nbconvert has
several nice themes available, ie.
http://www.slideviper.oquanta.info/tutorial/slideshow_tutorial_slides.html?theme=sky#/

Cheers.

Damián.