[IPython-dev] New developers looking to help

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 19:03:17 EST 2013

On 11 January 2013 18:10, satshabad khalsa <satshabad.music at gmail.com>wrote:

> Cool, so is this something worth working on (if it's finished, will the
> patch be accepted)? If so, would someone mind pointing out the
> documentation where we could get started, or even just the hooks in the
> code?

I don't want to dissuade you from working on this, but if you're looking to
get your first patch accepted promptly, you might be better starting with a
relatively simple bugfix, rather than implementing a new feature. We often
set the bar quite high for new features, because a feature that 80% works
can be worse than not having that feature at all.

If you do want to work on Ctrl+r in the Qt console, hunt out the code path
that runs when you type something in and press the up-arrow.

Best wishes,
Thomas