[IPython-dev] Hierarchical notebook listing

Matthias BUSSONNIER bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 05:47:00 EST 2013

Le 26 févr. 2013 à 01:49, Brian Granger a écrit :

> Some of the questions we need to think about:
>
> * What does the web service look like to move around and query directories.
> * Do we map directory paths onto notebook URLS?  If so, how?
> * How do we build a UI/UX that is extremely simple, but functional
> enough to get the job done.
> * How do we want to abstract these things for different notebook backend stores?

IMHO, the "backend" should return a notebook "document name" ( not the one store in the json metadata)
and a UUID when asked to "list" notebook

The actual content of the notebook when asked.

The actual "mapping" filesystem/url would be using uuid that are generated from hmac and path, so unique, and persistent.
This also work for database
 | uuid | document_name | content |

For the UI,
I can see "breadcrumbs" to navigate in parents directory.
We could also do something like github, where you show both ipynb and folder and you can enter a folder.

This would require some "custom" data structure that could be exchange from dashboard and backend.

--
Matthias