[IPython-dev] Passing Arguments to Kernels

Andrew Gibiansky andrew.gibiansky at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 11:55:37 EST 2013

Thanks!

I can't really fix this by editing the kernel command in the profile. For
the time being I'm hacking around this by writing arguments to a file and
having my kernel read them from that file - which is sort of terrible, but
works.

For (1), I have no idea how you'd go about doing this. I want to be able to
start a notebook with something like "IHaskell notebook --extension
DataKinds --rcfile ~/.rc.hs", or the same for console. These eventually
just call `ipython console` and `ipython notebook`, of course, which then
calls `IHaskell kernel`. If there is just a single `ipython notebook` which
can open any kernel, you can't necessarily do that...

-- Andrew