[IPython-dev] ACE Editor Magic for IPython Notebook

Matthias BUSSONNIER bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 16:13:15 EST 2012

Le 19 nov. 2012 à 17:50, Carl Smith a écrit :

>> I think by publishing javascript/json you could open a new window that point to another URL and pass it parameter.
>> That would be a start .
>> I'm don't know how your app works, if it is a different server or not…
>
> It's just a JS editor, so you'd ordinarily implement your own server
> and communication, normally using AJAX requests.

One dirty way would be to use the '%%file' magic to write on disk.
We could probably hook on user_expressions to get the file content.
(for now)

The other question is :
Do we want to modify file on server computer or on kernel computer (that can be different)
Kernel does IMHO make more sense.

--
Matthias