[IPython-dev] Minimal versions of browsers for the notebook?

Jens Nielsen jenshnielsen at gmail.com
Wed May 16 02:42:40 EDT 2012

Let me just add one point about Firefox support.

Since Firefox before 10.0 is completely unsuported by mozilla and contains
several security issues
one should not  recommend to use this. If an IT department wants to deploy
a specific Firefox version they should go for the ESR
(Extended support release) which is right now based on Firefox 10 and will
be supported until Firefox 18
with security updates and then replaced by a new ESR based on Firefox 17.
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/faq/

Thus I think that the recommended Firefox version for the notebook should
be either the last ESR
or the latest release version and the notebook should ideally be tested
against both of these.

Cheers Jens