[IPython-dev] Automated pull request testing

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Wed May 9 09:42:01 EDT 2012

On 9 May 2012 05:06, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com> wrote:
> Remembering the previous thread, I just noticed this:
>
> http://about.travis-ci.org/blog/announcing-pull-request-support/

Yep, that looks broadly similar to what we've now got to run locally,
except that (for now) we need to run one command to start a test run.
If we want, we could create a simple daemon that would periodically
check the open pull requests and test them.

In fact, our solution already beats Travis's in one minor respect:
they will only test a mergeable pull request. Our tool will merge
before testing if possible, but can test an unmergeable pull request
if you want to (the difference is mentioned in the results).

Thomas