[IPython-dev] roadmap and wishlist milestones

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue May 8 01:55:11 EDT 2012

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 8:01 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> like to have issues that have some chance of being acted on in a
> finite amount of time.  But I realize that some people like to track
> everything and I can just ignore the wishlist.

This kind of list can be a great entry point for *new* contributors,
who may not necessarily want to dive into 'critical path' issues that
core developers may already be working on.  So there's real value in
these, even if it has the somewhat unpleasant side effect of
maintaining a high count of open issues that are unlikely to go down
anytime soon.