[IPython-dev] Notebook: Interacting with JavaScript Values

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Mon May 7 12:42:20 EDT 2012

We don't support accessing Javascript values from Python.  Here is a
rough sketch of what we will soon support (under review):

* You can write Python objects that generate JavaScript code.
* That JavaScript code can create widgets and UI elements on the notebook page.
* That JavaScript code can execute further Python code by calling the
IPython kernel.  In those calls it can pass the values of JavaScript
variables.

Here is the pull request where this work is going on:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/1697

Cheers,

Brian