[IPython-dev] documenting new packages

Jason Grout jason-sage at creativetrax.com
Fri May 4 18:33:51 EDT 2012

I found this page very helpful to get a high-level overview of the
organization:

http://ipython.org/ipython-doc/dev/development/reorg.html

However, it's missing several directories: nbformat, parallel, testing,
and zmq.  If someone wants to reply with a sentence or two describing
these directories, I can submit a pull request for the docs.  Or if
someone wants to just that to the docs directly, even better!

Also, I'm trying to somehow view every message that goes back and forth
to clients.  I can start the kernel with --debug and see the
execute_request/reply messages.  But how do I see the stdout messages,
etc., going from the kernel back to the frontend?

Thanks,

Jason