[IPython-dev] Brilliant buildbot triggering from PRs...

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Wed May 2 07:16:39 EDT 2012

On 2 May 2012 02:04, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> Major brownie points for whoever can see if something like this is
> doable for our Shining Panda setup:
>
> https://github.com/mozilla/pdf.js-bot

I think it's possible, and I can look into getting something set up,
but by my calculations, we're currently using approximately all our
free build time on Shiningpanda. So if we were to do this, we'd have
to consider:

- Paying Shiningpanda for extra build time. At $0.48 /hour, we're
looking at a couple of cents for a test run (2-3 minutes).
- Using another service to run the tests. Sympy's review bot is
co-ordinated on Google appengine, and I think they run the tests on
one of their own computers, with the results being automatically
uploaded. The site says they run into the free Quota on appengine,
though.
- Scaling back our current tests - e.g. we could go back to only
testing with multiple python versions every other day, which would
free up a chunk of our build time. Or we could mark some tests as
'slow' and run them less frequently.

Thanks,
Thomas