[IPython-dev] Why are notebooks no longer bound to cells?

Dennis Sun dlsun at stanford.edu
Tue Jun 19 02:01:26 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I just pulled the latest development version of iPython, and I noticed that
in the Javascript code, cells no longer contain a reference to the
containing notebook. I had been using this attribute in the Javascript
functions I was writing, so I was wondering: what was the reason for
removing it, and now that it's gone, what is the best way to access the
notebook object given a cell? (I had been using it in some AJAX calls where
the context was the cell rather than the notebook.)

Thanks,
Dennis