[IPython-dev] Add new commandline option from profile

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 15:15:34 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Arnaud Gardelein <arnaud at oscopy.org> wrote:
> How to make the boolean 'bar' also an argument settable from ipython
> command with a '--bar' or '--no-bar' when invoking ipython
> --profile=foo?

I haven't tried myself to do precisely this, so I'm not 100% sure and
Min knows this code far better than I do.  But here's a quick pointer
to the code that creates the short aliases and flags that give more
convenient access to the fully qualified trait names:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/blob/master/IPython/core/application.py#L55

That should give you an idea of how to start...