[IPython-dev] available modifier keys

Zoltán Vörös zvoros at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 13:30:54 EDT 2012

Hi All,

I know that since the notebook is supported on many platforms and on
many browsers, the intersection of the many sets containing modifiers is
somewhat limited, so I would like to ask, whether something like
Alt+Enter would work on all systems. What I would like to suggest (I can
also implement it, if I am given the go-ahead) is a shortcut for
Shift+Enter + Control-m a. Many a time, I find myself going back to a
piece of code in the middle of the notebook, and after entering a
statement, I would like to get a new code cell at that particular place.
Control+Enter takes me back to the cell, and Shift+Enter jumps to the
next cell. I think, such an addition would be useful, but I don't know
what the allowed modifiers are.

Any comments or suggestions?

Cheers,
Zoltán