[IPython-dev] How to embed IPython notebook in a html5 slideshow.

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 23:20:40 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 7:06 PM, Damián Avila <damianavila at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, Fernando point me out to this list to find some help from "other
> interested parties" to streamline the process and maybe begin with a native
> implementation in IPython.
>
> Are there somebody able/willing/interested to help me out with this?

Welcome to the list!  It would be really cool to have an easy way to
create 'presentation notebooks'.  Basically, notebooks that break up
naturally in single-page units and for which page up/down or arrow
keys cause transitions, so that they can be used without scrolling and
only with  a presentation remote during talks.  But with actual cells
and code execution, so that one could then stop at some point, go to
the keyboard and do a bit of typing to demonstrate an interactive
feature.

Since changing the html view of the notebook itself is very
complicated, an interim solution might be to produce a 'presentation
view' of an existing notebook.  One could then switch to this view for
the presentation and switch back to the normal view for running code.
When giving a talk/lecture, it would just be a matter of opening both
views in two browser tabs and switching as needed.

Anyway, I'm sure Damian and others can come up with good ideas!