[IPython-dev] Introduction to Contributing workshop (Python Sheffield)

Aaron Meurer asmeurer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 15:22:30 EST 2012

I agree with this.  Virtualenv is for more hardcore development than
was likely to be encountered at something like this.  It's useful if
you want to completely isolate yourself from your work, either because
you want to test dependencies (or lack thereof), or because you need
to keep a working environment even while you develop.  For something
like this, I would think that in most cases, installing would not be
necessary at all, but it should be sufficient to just work straight
out of the git directory.

Aaron Meurer