[IPython-dev] interactive javascript controls

Jason Grout jason-sage at creativetrax.com
Sat Dec 29 11:27:11 EST 2012

Just FYI, I'm experimenting with ways to add javascript controls with
bidirectional communication to have interactive controls.  I'm
implementing these in the Sage cell server, but using the IPython
infrastructure and communication protocols (but with my own custom
messages for control updates and the like).  Here is the thread about it
on sage-notebook:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/sage-notebook/KHRyuUMxnN8

and here is a currently-working example:

http://aleph.sagemath.org/?q=504efe00-85d4-4047-9315-1398ffb0efb9&lang=sage

showing how to implement a new control (that lets you pick a 2d point)
and have other sliders associated with the variables that interactively
update with the following code:

with interactive_namespace(x=4,y=20):
     Point2D('x','y').create()
     slider('x', (0,100)).create()
     slider('y', (0,100)).create()
     ExpressionBox('x').create()

Again, just FYI...I'm still experimenting quite a bit, but trying to
keep things general enough to be useful to go into IPython eventually.

Thanks,

Jason

--
Jason Grout