[IPython-dev] [nbconvert] Specifying output filename/target directory: feedback needed

W Gong wen.g.gong at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 10:21:39 EST 2012

Hi,

here is my wishful spec:

   nbconvert --output <folder or file> --format <html (default) | rst |
...> foo.ipynb

default format is html, so --format is optional
default output is ./foo.html so --output is also optional
internally you determine if the value of output is a folder or file:

     case 1: if input is single file, output is folder, then output is
folder/foo.<fmt>
     case 2: if input is single file, output is file, then output is the
given file
     case 3: if input is multiple (folder or glob), output is a file, then
error out,
     case 4: if input is folder or glob, output is folder, then generate
multiple files as folder/*.<fmt>

Thanks,

Wen

Thanks,