[IPython-dev] rmagic in notebook

Satrajit Ghosh satra at mit.edu
Sun Dec 2 13:50:23 EST 2012

hi thomas,

oops. sorry - i wrote that email too quickly. there were a couple of things.

the invalid syntax came from using %R instead of %%R with multiline code -
we could perhaps improve the error message.

and then when i had tried %%R i had a 'print dmap' statement in the R code
and R returned a very unhelpful

R error message: u'Error while parsing the string.'

finally i fixed the %R and the print and a library import that i had
forgotten and all was good.

cheers,

satra