[IPython-dev] Moving all dev docs and IPEPs to github

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 01:02:28 EDT 2012

Hi,

Right now most of our development workflow takes place on github.  We
are obviously extremely happy with this workflow.  In spite of this,
we maintain dev related documentation in our sphinx docs.  This makes
the dev docs a pain to edit and keeps that information away from the
main location where people spend their time while doing dev work,
namely github.

I propose that we transition all of our dev docs (those focused on
developing IPython itself) to the github IPython wiki.

I also propose that we host all IPEPs at this same location for
everyone to edit and view in one place (rather than individual gists).

I also propose that we start to think about doing some more deliberate
planning for the project (like a roadmap) and that we keep that on the
wiki.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Brian