[IPython-dev] Static View for the Notebook

Dave Hirschfeld dave.hirschfeld at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 07:22:28 EDT 2012

Matthias BUSSONNIER <bussonniermatthias <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Instead of using popen you can use the markdown python package that is pip
installable.
> I did it for nbviewer that yon can find on github and need to bring the
changes to nbconvert.
> notebook convert still need some work.
>
> import markdown
> ….
> 843     @DocInherit$
> 844     @text_cell$
> 845     def render_markdown(self, cell):$
> 846         return [markdown.markdown(cell.source)] $
>
> just need to replace i everywhere
>
> if someone have time to do it and test….

Cheers for the hint, I can confirm that your fix Works For Me.

C:\dev\code\nbconvert>nbconvert.py -f html staticHTML.ipynb
C:\dev\code\nbconvert>ls *.html
staticHTML.html

It seems that there is another call to markdown on L1314, however
this doesn't appear to be called in this particular case.

https://github.com/ipython/nbconvert/blob/master/nbconvert.py#L1314

-Dave