[IPython-dev] Test failure in master

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 18:36:57 EDT 2012

On 22 April 2012 13:18, Julian Taylor <jtaylor.debian at googlemail.com> wrote:
> One could add the test results to a packages and let shinning-panda
> download and extract the package (only ar and tar need to be installed
> for that)
> If you deem it worth it could modify the recipe to do that.

It's not essential - we already have the tests run in a Debian based
environment on Shiningpanda, and separately on a Mac with most of the
dependencies installed (which did pick up this failure). But if it's
easy to do, more tests never hurt.

Thomas S:
> How exactly does that work?

There's a de facto standard XML format for test results, based on the
JUnit tool for Java. A nose plugin (Xunit) can write those files, and
we can make Shiningpanda download them and parse them as the results
of a test run.

> Maybe the test results can also be build with an script out of the build logs and then get zipped for shiningpanda?

The tool we use at present constructs the results as the tests run. I
imagine it would be possible to parse the build logs to create the
XML, but it's probably not worth the effort of writing a tool to do so
unless we feel really limited by our other test methods.

Thanks,
Thomas