[IPython-dev] Back to focus on the road to 0.13

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 03:19:37 EDT 2012

Hi all,

ouch, releases always manage to eat up a ton of time; between
distutils and testing for windows, I ended up burning a solid ~10
hours getting 0.12.1 out (and that's after Min had done all the 'real'
work of cherry-picking commits).  Oh well, having a cleaner 0.12.x in
ubuntu LTS should be worth it.

But now that 0.12.1 is out, we can focus on what needs to happen for
0.13.  I'm going to start implementing the cell-level magics this
week, using '%%' as the sigil (I'd forgotten that I wanted to keep '$'
as an *explicit* sigil for aliases, which currently can't be
disambiguated because they have no sigil; besides %% was winning from
other arguments).  We have a healthy list of PRs pending, and also
currently 8 issues marked as blockers:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues?labels=prio-blocker&milestone=7&page=1&state=open

and 13 more high-priority ones:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues?labels=prio-high&milestone=7&page=1&state=open

We'd love to have a hand with either reviewing open PRs, or submitting
code against these high/blocker issues!