[IPython-dev] Security

Jason Grout jason-sage at creativetrax.com
Wed Apr 11 09:38:59 EDT 2012

On 4/10/12 3:53 PM, MinRK wrote:
> The only thing I don't know about is forwarding UDS connections from the
> client to the Hub, but if you know how to do that, you might be set
> (some code would need to change in the ssh forwarding utils, but that
> shouldn't be much).

Just for further reference, poking around on the internet revealed
several things related to this:

* forwarding can be done with the socat utility:
http://www.debian-administration.org/users/dkg/weblog/68

* William Ahern has a patch to openSSH that allows forwarding UDS:
http://www.25thandclement.com/~william/projects/streamlocal.html

* apparently forwarding UDS is a debian bug report:
http://www.25thandclement.com/~william/projects/streamlocal.html

* here is another effort to modify ssh to support UDS forwarding:
http://www.ll.mit.edu/mission/communications/ist/corpora/README.sshhop

Thanks,

Jason