[IPython-dev] Pull requests summary

Omar Andrés Zapata Mesa andresete.chaos at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 21:22:57 EDT 2011

Hi all.
Thanks Thomas.
do you need that I update  the pull request 708?
do you have some suggestion?
is not needed this code?

I would appreciate any suggestions because I want to make this contribution
to the project.
If you think this should be rewritten or redesigned, please tell me.
thanks ipython team.

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 6:11 AM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl at gmail.com> wrote:

> We're once again at risk of drowning in pull requests, so here's a summary,
> roughly grouped by size:
>
> Small:
> - 754: [Min] restores something that was removed from the messaging
> protocol since 0.11.
> - 753: [Paul] (superseded by 754)
> - 757: [Pedro Kroger] Fixes for ipython.el
> - 750: [Valentin Haenel] Docs stuff. Should just need to rebuild the docs
> and check the output.
> - 748: [Brian] Excludes notebook tests if Tornado isn't present. I'll test
> this in a minute.
> - 725: [Min] Check for PySide/PyQT version for frontend. OKed by Eric.
> - 722: [Thomas] Gets terminal IPython working on PyPy.
>
> Medium
> - 746: [Pauli Virtanen] Updates the autoreload extension and brings it out
> of quarantine.
> - 745: [Min] Protects the Qt console against failing history requests. Eric
> has given it a thumbs up, but plans to work on a more general solution.
> - 743: [Nicolas] Pyglet event loop integration.
> - 742: [Nicolas] Glut event loop integration. Fernando has already dived
> into reviewing it.
> - 741: [Eric Firing] Keep plot windows interactive while in the pager. Has
> a minor side effect.
> - 736: [Satra] Authentication for web notebook. Extensive discussion with
> Min & Brian.
> - 668: [rabbitmcrabbit?] Updates the quarantined greedy completer. Some
> work still to be done. Min/Fernando to give information on the config
> system.
> - 664: [Erik] Updates for the documentation. I'll merge it in shortly.
> - 622: [Jens Nielsen] Add config option for whether Pylab should import
> all. Fernando to do final review.
> - 506: [Martin Spacek] Makes return replicate the cell under the cursor, in
> the Qt console. Martin to do some more work on it.
>
> Large:
> - 708: [Omar, Min, Thomas] Adds a simple terminal-based frontend for the
> ZMQ protocol. We probably don't want to spend a lot of time on this, but it
> would be good to offer it in some form, for people who're SSHing in and
> can't install frontends on their own machine.
> - 663: [Thomas] Python 3 compatibility work. Rebased after the notebook
> work, but I need to rebase again. I'd also like some feedback on how best to
> handle doctests, but that needn't block merging the PR.
> - 648: [Thomas] Rework user namespaces and modules - should allow pickling
> objects defined interactively. This goes to the heart of how we run code, so
> it could do with a serious review.
> - 507: [Thomas] Separate prompt manager from displayhook. Fernando, Min and
> I were working this out, but we all got a bit busy. I'll send a separate
> email about it.
> - 433: (Superseded by 708, will close).
>
> Thanks everyone,
>  Thomas

Omar Andres Zapata Mesa
Systems Engineering Student
Universidad de Antioquia At Medellin - Colombia
User Linux  #490962