[IPython-dev] Potential projects

Omar Andrés Zapata Mesa andresete.chaos at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 17:43:01 EDT 2011

Great Thomas,
I think another potential project is to write an ncurses or urwid interface,
more complete than the current terminal
That could have a layout with windows to view others online users, the
history, chat, variables in namespace,  menu for restart kernel, save/load
session,  export code, code completion (similar to bpython) etc...
I learning http://excess.org/urwid/  with simple examples at the moment but
I am planning to write something for ipython.

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks, Fernando. I've done a summary of it and tracked down that thread,
> > but feel free to add more info if you want.
>
> Thanks!  I'm trying to wrap up some nb work this afternoon, so I
> really appreciate your help.

Omar Andres Zapata Mesa
Fundamental Interaction Phenomenology Gruop (Gfif)
Head Developer
http://gfif.udea.edu.co
Gfif Developers (Gfif Dev)
Division of computer science
http://gfifdev.udea.edu.co
System Engineering Student
Universidad de Antioquia At Medellin - Colombia
Usuario Linux  #490962